Thursday, June 05, 2008

Hunger Challenge: Day 3

Yesterday was really rough. By the late afternoon, I had a pretty serious low, had trouble concentrating, and was getting shaky. It was so bad that, even after eating dinner, it took quite a while for it to pass. I was no longer hungry, but still felt the effects of the sugar low.

I think part of the problem was that I wasn't really using the food from my initial pantry. Somehow, a hoarding concept kicked in and I was afraid to use it. This makes me realize how important these food pantries are to people in need. I don't know how they survive without them.

Today was/is much better. I'm actually barely spending any money on food because I'm tapping into my initial supply.

For breakfast I had scrambled eggs on a buttered english muffin (21.5 cents). It was good, but I would have loved a piece of cheese with it (God, I miss cheese! My normal motto is, "Praise Cheezus!") For lunch, I had a burrito (45 cents) and a bit from my pantry snack (a few pieces from a chocolate bar).

Tonight, I plan on hitting the pantry again, since turkey kielbasa was my meat choice. I plan on having that for dinner with more buttered noodles and (probably) an ear of buttered corn, or some other fresh vegetable. I should be well under budget, and fed, though I realize I'm not eating all that healthy.

I should have enough in my budget left over to splurge on a late-night snack, if the mood strikes.

Glad this'll be over soon!

Best,

-P

No comments:

Post a Comment