Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Clinton to end run, endorse Obama on Saturday

New York Sen. Hillary Clinton will drop out of the presidential race and cede the Democratic nomination to Illinois Sen. Barack Obama at the end of this week, per an official statement from her campaign.

"Senator Clinton will be hosting an event in Washington, DC to thank her supporters and express her support for Senator Obama and party unity," said the statement. "This event will be held on Saturday to accommodate more of Senator Clinton's supporters who want to attend."

Various media outlets buzzed about the potential exit throughout the afternoon before official word came in the evening. ABC News first reported Wednesday that Clinton would step down on Friday, without citing any sources. CNN also reported the same news based on multiple sources. The New York Times based its story on word from a Clinton senior adviser.


Finally. Thank God! I am exhausted.

I'd be happy with her on the ticket, but even more so if she drops out first and doesn't give the appearance of forcing his hand for the VP slot.

Still, I personally think she'd be better at Senate Majority leader (I have concerns about giving up too many senate seats, even though hers is safe, and I am less than happy with Reid). She'd do a great job at it, as her bull-fighting campaign has definitely proved her tenacity and never give up attitude.

Alternatively, she could serve in an Obama administration as a high level cabinet post. I think having her formally in charge of revising health care would be awesome! I think she failed in the 90's because of her husband and the congress. Give her some official clout, a democratic congress, and I think she'll get it through this time.

This would also keep Bill back in New York (or, at least out of the White House!)...and his baggage is the one thing that scares me as a vehicle for attack from the other side- whether I think it is justified or not.

Again, I am so glad this is over!!!

Time for us to unite...And celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment