Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Hunger Challenge: Day 2

This is just a quick update as I'm pressed for time.

Last night, I forwent the potato salad idea. Instead, for dinner I heated up a package of BBQ shredded chicken and made a sandwich out of about half of it. I got the chicken on sale this week for $3.99, but I only used half of the package (the other half will be dinner for tonight). So with the cheap roll I used, I spent $2.33 yesterday...well within budget, but I was very hungry this morning.

For today, I had an english muffin (21.5 cents) and butter and peanut butter (from my pantry) for breakfast. I had a burrito for lunch (45 cents) and will be having the same dinner as last night. Grand total = $2.995...just barely making it, and I am currently quite hungry. In fact, my head is a bit swimmy, because I am so hungry, and I'm actually having trouble writing this.

I'm going to have to dip into my pantry supply and make some buttered egg noodles, otherwise I won't make it through the night.

What is really killing me is that I'd love to go for some blue cheese or brie on crackers right now (that is one of my normal evening snacks that I have with my wife in the evenings). Unfortunately, even a small bloc of those cheeses on sale would be the budget for two days.

Good thing I didn't buy any this week, or it would probably be too much temptation.

Best,

-P

No comments:

Post a Comment