Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Yet Again, Bush Thinks He's Above The Law

quote[''The signing statement is saying 'I will only comply with this law when I want to, and if something arises in the war on terrorism where I think it's important to torture or engage in cruel, inhuman, and degrading conduct, I have the authority to do so and nothing in this law is going to stop me,' " he said. ''They don't want to come out and say it directly because it doesn't sound very nice, but it's unmistakable to anyone who has been following what's going on."]

When are people going to wake up and realize that Bush has absolutely no regard for the constitution or the idea of checks and balances?

I used to scoff at people who made comparisons beween this regime and Nazi Germany. But, now, I must ask, what is really the difference in how dicatorial control was attained?

No comments:

Post a Comment