Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Clinton rebukes NBC anchor for asking her questions first

quote[Repeating a campaign theme of recent days, she appeared to blame the media for covering her unfairly, and questioned why she was receiving questions first in the Democratic debates.

"Well can I just point out that in the last several debates I seem to get the first question all the time," Clinton said, "and I don't mind. I'll be happy to field them." Noting a recent Saturday Night Live episode which lampooned the media's coverage of Obama, she said, "Maybe we should ask Barack if he's comfortable and needs another pillow."

"I just find it kind of curious that I keep getting the first question on all of these issues," she added. "But I'm happy to answer it."]


Wa, Waaa!

Note to Hillary: It's determined by a fucking coin toss. Also, she should do her homework before making such stupid points.

According to Fact Check Desk Associate Fact Checker Melissa Ruiz's research, in the two debates previous to last night's -- in California and Texas, the only two two-candidate debates before last night -- Clinton had been asked the first question in 14 rounds, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, in 11.

Last night the number was 9 for Clinton, 7 for Obama.

So overall in the last three debates, Clinton has been asked the first question in 23 rounds, Obama in 18.

So a minor disparity does exist, but Clinton's curious complaint that "in the last several debates, I seem to get the first question all the time?" is inaccurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment