Friday, December 21, 2007

Why I Don't Support Hillary For President

There has been much ballyhoo over the airways lately about Hillary's dirty campaign tricks, her apparent arrogance, and her seeming predilection to act as if she has already been awarded the nomination. While I do personally subscribe to those sentiments, they are not the only reasons that I don't support her. In fact, I didn't support her before those traits became eminently noticeable. Below are some highlighted reasons why I didn't support her previously.

(Disclaimer: I don't support her, but I still believe she is 10,000 times better than anyone the right has to offer. So, if she does get the nod, I will just have to hold my nose when I vote for her next November).

1) NAFTA - Part of her husbands legacy, but her plans to revisit it do not go nearly far enough. She's on record saying she thought it was a good attempt, but then complains that it's failings are due to it being an inherited policy. The fact that it undercuts American workers seems benign to her.

2) Universal Healthcare and The Insurance Companies - She's taken too much of the insurance companies money. When a corporation buys a politician, they expect something from you. She's essentially guaranteeing more profits for those large corporations. We need less of this, not more.

To be fair, my favorite Universal plan (and the only true one) is Kucinich's. But he's the guy I support, with Edwards trailing not too far behind.

3) Corporate Sponsors and Lobbyist Money - She's on record saying that taking their money is acceptable because they represent real people and real interests; Yes, real people who run really big companies and want REALLY big profits.

We need campaign finance reform. We need to end lobbyists. We need to publicly fund elections.

4) China And The U.S.-China WTO Accession Agreement - She's said how bad it is to have our debt owned by foreign governments, but also said she would "not at this time" call for Congress to limit by law the amount of debt held by foreigners. Furthermore, she has no plan on how to deal with China owning our debts.

The WTO agreement was another inheritance of her husbands, but she supported it. The only current candidate to oppose it was Kucinich.

Also, see #8 below.

5) Iraq War Authorization - Voted for it, claims she was duped. If the Shrub in Chief can fool you, there's something deeper wrong with you.

6) Iran War Authorization - This is too fresh for me to comment on without getting violent towards my keyboard.

7) Retroactive Immunity For Telecom Vote - Claimed she supported Dodd, but was too busy campaigning to stand up for the issue and his filibuster.

8) Her Connection With Wal-Mart - She was a board member to Wal-mart for six years and her Rose Law Firm handled much of Wal-mart's legal defense.

Also, see #4 above. It was Bill's deal, but she supported the market opening in China. Does she really claim to be for women's and human rights when we she supports a company that gets all it's cheap crap from third world slave labor and forced abortions???


I've got a bit more, but let's start with this for now. Feel free to tell me why I'm wrong.

Best & Merry Christmas,

-P

No comments:

Post a Comment