Thursday, May 14, 2009

To Boldly Go...Backwards

Honestly, I didn't have a problem until about midway through the film...at which point I realized that every single lady on screen was either a mother, a ho, or an intergalactic hood ornament.


She has a point, but then again, the movie is really about three men: Spock, Kirk, and McCoy. I really agree with the second comment made after the article.

Yet, I do hope this new franchise will have prominent and strong female characters in the future.

Also, the statement that Romulan's often have women commander's is correct. But that is for battle ships, not necessarily for mining ships. I guess I'm not enough of a geek to truly know whether that makes a difference.

In any case, I absolutely LOVED this movie, and so did my wife. So much so, that we plan on taking my mom to the IMAX showing when it opens in a few weeks, and I will DEFINITELY buy the DVD!

P.S. That Trek convention this author mentions? I believe that was the one I went to, and I was probably about her age too.

No comments:

Post a Comment