Monday, April 13, 2009

Franken Won Most Senate Votes, Minnesota Court Rules

A Minnesota court confirmed Monday that Democrat Al Franken won the most votes in his 2008 Senate race against Republican Norm Coleman, who immediately announced plans to appeal the decision.

Coleman has 10 days to appeal to the state Supreme Court. Once the petition is filed, it could further delay the seating of Minnesota's second senator for weeks.

Franken triumphantly declared victory and urged Coleman to concede in a hastily-organized press conference in front of his Minneapolis home. "The court said that I should be certified," he said. "The three-judge panel said I was the winner of this election. And I would love to be certified in ten days. And I call on Senator Coleman to allow me to get to work for the people of Minnesota as soon as possible."


Can this please just end???

No comments:

Post a Comment