Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Rowland Experience-Guest Commentary From Shawna

As I sat in the Rusty Scupper one night,
I saw a concerning sight.
My jaw hit the floor,
I almost ran out the door;
but instead, I began to write.
Red wine in one hand,
portfolio in the other,
his suit nicely tailored,
not a word to anyone did he utter.
While deep in concentration he was approached by two men.
Mind you, the time...was well after ten!
They shook hands with each another and exchanged a few glances;
hey, maybe the meeting was legit, but then again, what are the chances?
Off they walked, away from the nonexistent crowd,
onto the empty restaurant patio --silent understanding, NO ONE ELSE ALLOWED!
Those around me began to whisper, snicker and stare,
but opinions of the "suspicious" meeting, they didn't want to share.
I questioned my dad and his response was sadly sincere,
"Yes that's ex-governor Rowland, and unfortunately we're used to politicians
like him around here."


Thanks, Shawna. Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment