Monday, June 19, 2006

Former Connecticut Democratic Party Chair and State Senate Majority Leader George Jepsen Endorses Ned Lamont

quote[ I like Joe Lieberman -- whom I have known for more than 29 years.

However, there are just a lot of views of his, views in which he believes passionately and I admire Joe for his passion, that i don't share. There are issues beyond the war and his support for it that concern me, though the war is one of these.

The areas of difference between us range from his views about the Terry Schiavo case, medical assistance for rape victims, national gas facilities in the Rhode Island Sound, school vouchers, not having firmer and bolder lines for opposing certain Supreme Court nominees, and other policy matters.

This has become a matter of conscience for me, and I can't continue to support Joe Lieberman when there are so many areas of difference between his views and my own.

I have known Ned Lamont for 25 years. He is intellectually capable and accomplished and a very thoughtful person. He is not drive by raw ambition but rather by the desire to do good for this state and our country.

I know that he is willing to stand up to the Bush administration and work hard for a better and different agenda.

That is why I am strongly supporting Ned Lamont.]


Great news!

No comments:

Post a Comment