Tuesday, February 14, 2006

DON'T EVER USE PRO-FLOWERS!!!

The following is the letter I sent to them. I think it contains most of the story.
(Note: their email address is wecare@proflowers.com; I found that slightly ironic).

Dear "We Care,"

I am extremely irate. Last week I ordered flowers and a balloon for my wife on Valentines, under the assurance that they would arrive by the 13th or the 14th (today). Obviously, I could have easily taken my business elsewhere, and would have had I known my order would not arrive on time. Unfortunately, I was duped by your radio advertising into thinking you are a quality company.

I now know I was wrong.

At the time of the order, I was told that I would receive an e-mail confirmation the day they were to be delivered with the tracking information. However, this has not occurred as of yet. I have tracked the order through your website and UPS and I only receive this message:

"UPS has received shipper's billing information electronically. Billing information received does not indicate shipment pickup or drop-off. Please contact the shipper for more details."

I was patient most of the day until I learned that a friend (on the other side of the country, mind you) also failed to receive an order that was placed WEEKS AGO. That was when I decided to enter the phone hell you call automated customer service.

After twenty-five minutes, I finally got through to a live human who, for some reason, has not been equipped with the modern telephony equipment that allows the other party to actually hear what they are saying.

From what little I could gather from this woman (who understandably has a thankless job, manning your phone lines on Valentines day) I would not be billed the shipping, since that was the guarantee. However, I could not cancel the order even though it is now useless to me and it hasn't even been shipped yet, simply because of some quirky deadline that your company arbitrarily imposes. What I really find ironic is that you have this deadline, but STILL GUARANTEE DELIVERY for orders placed after it.

So, let me ask, what do I do with the flowers tomorrow? I honestly could have easily spent less and made sure I had them TODAY.

I am seriously considering refusing the delivery and contesting the charge on my credit card bill.

At this point, I don't even know if there is anything you can do to rectify the situation, but you've most likely lost me as a customer (and I probably won't be kind when asked about you by friends).

Sincerely,

XXXX



If they send a response, I'll post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment